Leicester Print Workshop
50 St George Street
Time: 10.00am to 4.00pm
Tutor: Sue Rowland
A day introduction to printmaking with lino. Design your image and transfer it to your piece of lino. Learn how to cut the design to leave a relief surface. Ink up and print using hand burnishing and the press. Take home your original linocuts at the end of the day.
- Introduction to cutting techniques and mark making on sample piece
- Design on paper and transfer to vinyl
- Cutting your lino design
- Learning to print using a press and hand burnishing.
- Explore printing with different colour inks and using different colour papers.
- Addition of colour using Chine-collé.