Leicester Society of Artists Annual Exhibition 2021 (7-31 October 2021)
Newarke Houses Museum, The Newarke, Leicester LE2 7BY
The exhibition continues online from 1 November to 31 December 2021
• You are allowed to submit up to TWO artworks within the size limit (see below)
• All work must be an original creation by the artist
• All media are accepted, except for works requiring an electricity supply
• Work should be representative of your current artistic practice
• Only work not previously exhibited in Leicester may be submitted, except for work in a solo exhibition
Size Allowance - 2D Works
• ONE work - longest length (including frame) 500mm
• TWO works - longest length (including frame) 350mm
Size Allowance – 3D Works
• Up to TWO works - maximum footprint of 450 x 450mm
If your work is over 450mm in any dimension, please contact Deborah Bird (07971 467604) or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 3 September
About 2D works
• Use only Mirror plates one-third of the way down each side of the frame. Fix as far out as possible to avoid damage to frames during hanging. Please cover screws with framer’s tape.
• Frames must be of a professional quality and mounts must be cleanly and professionally cut.
• The sides of box canvases and panels must be clean and well presented
• The top of abstract work must be clearly marked on the back of the work.
• Reproductions may not be substituted for an original work
About Sculpture/3D works
• Please enter clear METRIC dimensions for each 3D work on your Entry Form.
• Please notify us of works that require cases (eg. fragile works)
Unframed Print Editions
• Editions of prints shown in the exhibition may be ordered by visitors (subject to commission 7-31 October)
• State the price/number available for sale on the Entry Form
Sale of works
• Commission on all sales taken at the Museum (7 – 31 October 2021) - 35% plus VAT (42% total commission)
• No commission on sales (1 November – 31 December 2021)
• Photos of your work can be used for promotion of the exhibition by LSA and the Museum.
• Visitors are allowed to take photographs in the Museum without restriction. Copyright remains with the artist.
• You are asked to note that the LSA and the Museum take all reasonable steps to protect the works on show, but neither is to be held responsible for loss or damage to such items. You are advised to insure your own exhibits against risk and have your own Public Liability Insurance
Entry Form - here Downloads as a separate Word Document. You may need to click 'File' and 'Enable Editing' to type your entry on the form.
Labels Sheet - here Downloads as a separate PDF file.
Entry Form deadline– 5pm on Friday 3 September 2021 - email@example.com
Post - LSA Exhibitions Manager, 5 Rotherby Lane, Frisby on the Wreake, Melton Mowbray, Leics LE14 2NW
Exhibition Fee deadline - 5pm on Friday 3 September 2021 - £20 for up to 2 works
Bank Transfer - HSBC 40-32-03, Account no 81061534, with Reference ‘ANNUAL 21 – Your Name’
Cheque – with your name on the back - Peter Rapp, 49 Springfield Road, Leicester LE2 3BB
Catalogue Images (all works) deadline– 5pm on Friday 3 September 2021, Medium size image (max 3 MB) – send 1 per email, include title of work - firstname.lastname@example.org
Post (print or photo CD ) - Hazel Crabtree, 12 Westfield Close, Market Harborough, Leics LE16 9DX
Artist Statements (optional) deadline – 5pm on Friday 3 September 2021. (100 words max) for online/social media use - email@example.com
Post (typed or hand-written) - Hazel Crabtree, 12 Westfield Close, Market Harborough, Leics LE16 9DX
Deliver your work to the museum - Monday 4 October 2021 from 10am and 12pm,
Newarke Houses Museum, The Newarke, Leicester LE2 7BY. TWO labels must be attached to each work - see Label Sheet for instructions
Exhibition Preview – Thursday 7 October 2021, Date, time and venue to be confirmed – more information to follow
Meet the Artist Events -Saturday 9, 16, 23, 30 from 2-4pm, Newarke Houses Museum - more information to follow
Collect unsold works - Monday 1 November 2021 between 10.30am and 12.30pm, Newarke Houses Museum, The Newarke, Leicester LE2 7BY.
Exhibition continues online – 1 November to 31st December 2021, no commission on sales between these dates.