Leicester Society of Artists Annual Exhibition 2021 (4 November - 18 December)
Newarke Houses Museum, The Newarke, Leicester LE2 7BY
Please note - These terms, conditions and rules of exhibition are currently being reviewed.
[Posted 25 May 2022]
• You are allowed to submit up to TWO artworks within the size limit (see below)
• All work must be an original creation by the artist
• All media are accepted, except for works requiring an electricity supply
• Work should be representative of your current artistic practice
• Only work not previously exhibited in Leicester may be submitted, except for work in a solo exhibition
Size Allowance - 2D Works
• ONE work - longest length (including frame) 1000mm
• TWO works - longest length (including frame) 500mm
Size Allowance – 3D Works
• Up to TWO works - maximum footprint of W 450 x D 450mm x H 450mm
If your work is oversize in any dimension, please contact The LSA Exhibitions Officer Elisabeth Naylor and soon as possible and before 30 September. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
About 2D works
• Use only Mirror plates one-third of the way down each side of the frame. Fix as far out as possible to avoid damage to frames during hanging. Please cover screws with framer’s tape.
• Frames must be of a professional quality and mounts must be cleanly and professionally cut.
• The sides of box canvases and panels must be clean and well presented
• The top of abstract work must be clearly marked on the back of the work.
• Reproductions may not be substituted for an original work
About Sculpture/3D works
• Please enter clear METRIC dimensions for each 3D work on your Entry Form.
• Please notify us of works that require cases (eg. fragile works)
Unframed Print Editions
• Editions of prints shown in the exhibition may be ordered by visitors (subject to commission )
• State the price/number available for sale on the Entry Form
Sale of works - Commission
• Commission on all sales taken at the Museum- 42% total (35% commision + VAT)
• Photos of your work can be used for promotion of the exhibition by LSA and the Museum.
• Visitors are allowed to take photographs in the Museum without restriction. Copyright remains with the artist.
Information to follow
Information to follow
Labels Sheet -Information to follow
Entry Form deadline– 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022 - email@example.com
Post - LSA Exhibitions Manager, Information to follow
Exhibition Fee deadline - 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022 - £20 for up to 2 works
Bank Transfer - HSBC 40-32-03, Account no 81061534, with Reference ‘ANNUAL 21 – Your Name’
Cheque – with your name on the back - Information to follow
Catalogue Images (all works) deadline– 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022, Information to follow
Artist Statements (optional) deadline – 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022. (100 words max) for online/social media use - Information to follow
Deliver your work to the museum - Monday 31st October 2022 between 10-12, Newarke Houses Museum
Newarke Houses Museum, The Newarke, Leicester LE2 7BY. TWO labels must be attached to each work - see Label Sheet for instructions
Exhibition Preview – Thursday 3rd November 2022 , 6.30 to 8.00pm
Meet the Artist Events -- more information to follow
Collect unsold works - Saturday 19th December between 10.30 – 12.30, Newarke Houses Museum, The Newarke, Leicester LE2 7BY.